Kayak Roll Sessions in the pool are coming back for the 2020-2021 season, this time at the Mylan Park Aquatic Center! There are sessions specifically for WVU students and sessions specifically for non-student community members. These sessions are a fun, low-stress way to break up the monotony of winter and learn or practice unique kayaking skills. Check out the dates and info below!
For WVU Students:
Two Sunday evenings in March 2021 are available for you to sign-up to learn the basics of whitewater kayaking and rolling a kayak, in a friendly indoor pool environment! All students are welcome, regardless of experience- this is a fun way to try it out!
- Buses to/from Evansdale Crossing provided (It’s a 10-min drive to the Mylan Park Aquatic Center)
- Complete beginners welcome- zero experience needed!
- Unfortunately, due to current limitations with our equipment and sizing, we cannot
accommodate participate of more than 200lbs or taller than 6’2”. We sincerely
apologize for this limitation and are looking to increase our equipment fleet
as soon as possible.
- Each program is only $5 for students! You are welcome to sign up for multiple!
- All instruction and programming provided by our trained Adventure WV student staff
- All equipment is provided- bring your own swimwear/sandals and a change of clothes/shoes
AND a mask and be COVID symptom-free
- Those with experience are also welcome to attend (and welcome to bring their own equipment)
Programs will be offered:
- Sunday Mar 14, 6:00-9:00pm
- Sunday Mar 21, 6:00-9:00pm
For non-student community members:
Mylan is offering community-specific pool sessions during fall/winter 2020 and Spring 2021! They are adding more dates/times continually, check out their website for more info: Mylan site for roll sessions
Questions? Contact: Patricia Chan
Want to get an idea of what a pool kayak roll session looks like? Check out our video from a few years ago: