Sign-up to learn the basics of rolling a whitewater kayak, in a friendly indoor pool environment. Roll sessions are an informal space to get roll instruction and/or independent practice. All students are welcome, regardless of experience-this is a fun way to try it out!
One evening in is also available for you to sign-up to learn the
basics of whitewater kayaking and rolling a kayak, in a friendly indoor pool
environment! All students are welcome, regardless of experience - this is a fun
way to try it out!
- Complete beginners welcome- zero experience needed.
- Equipment is provided if needed - sign up via the "boat needed" registration spot.
- Open practice is also available for anyone with personal equipment and prior experience. Sign up via the "bring your own boat" registration spot.
- Each program is free to SRC members.
- Register through the WVUGo App or at the Student Recreation Center front desk the evening of the program.
- Individualized roll instruction provided by trained Adventure WV student staff to meet your specific needs in the progression of your roll.
- Practice & instruction is rolling, show up anytime between 8:30 - 9:30pm. Sessions end at 10:00pm
Programs will be offered:
- Instructor Training: Thursday, January 13
- Roll Sessions: Thursdays, January 20 - March 10
Want to get an idea of what a pool kayak roll session looks like? Check out our video from a few years ago: